It’s hurricane season, and Motorola Solutions (a MACo Gold Corporate Partner) wants to make sure your communications systems are prepared to protect your community. To help, they’ve created a checklist you can use when preparing for the next natural disaster.
From Motorola Solutions:
Motorola Solutions has been working with local, state and federal governments for more than 90 years to provide the communication technologies people rely on before, during and after hurricanes. Below are tips we offer our customers, so they’re prepared in the moments that matter.
10 Tips to Help you Prepare
- Update contact lists for key personnel, including employees and business partners. Include phone numbers, email addresses and physical addresses where possible.
- Stock emergency operations centers with supplies for additional staff and those who will be working extra hours.
- Test generators; make sure emergency fleet vehicles are fully serviced.
- Touch-base with your critical communications providers on plans to deploy mobile support to areas that may be impacted.
- Coordinate with crews and technicians in advance for deployment when and where their services are needed.
- Consider whether additional two-way radios, chargers or radio accessories will be needed for responders or volunteers and order in advance.
- Check that all mission-critical software is up-to-date; consider secure cloud-based software solutions to enable work from new locations if an area is directly impacted by a disaster.
- Public safety agencies should make sure public safety answering points (PSAPs) are prepared for a potential increase in 9-1-1 calls.
- Learn about government grants designed to assist US states, federally-recognized tribes, and local communities in implementing a sustained pre-disaster natural hazard mitigation program.
- Download our disaster preparedness checklist to assess your readiness and plan ahead.
Motorola Solutions is proud to offer the mission-critical communications technologies on which first responders, essential personnel and businesses rely. As you develop your plan to keep communities and infrastructure safe, please contact us for assistance.
Thank you to Motorola Solutions, for sponsoring this week’s upcoming Solution Showcase: “Technology Deployment to Combat COVID-19.”
Register online today!
Registration is free (but required!) for county officials and employees.
Non-county registrants pay a nominal fee (see rates).
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Series:
- Schedule and Session Details
- Online Registration
- Registration Rates (FREE for County Officials/Employees)
- Questions? Contact Virginia White