Join MACo on Wednesday, July 15 for a forum with county health officers on pandemic response as part of the MACo’s Summer Series.
During this live forum, county health officers who serve as local experts on public health and the boots on the ground for the delivery of public health services will discuss pandemic policy and incident response pulling from recent examples of lessons learned from addressing COVID-19.
Public Health and Pandemics: Policy and Incident Response Forum
Description: COVID-19 is not the first virus to wreak havoc on the public’s health and the economy…and it won’t be the last. Engage with the public health officials charged with leading the response to the pandemic at the local level on the challenges, successes, and future of public health services in the face of pandemics. This session will focus on policy and incident management using examples from local jurisdictions and what the lessons learned mean for us in planning for our future.
- Maura Rossman, President, MACHO, Health Officer, Howard County
- Larry Polsky, Health Officer, Calvert County
- Nilesh Kalyanaraman, Health Officer, Anne Arundel County
- Ed Singer, Health Officer, Carroll County
- Gregory Branch, Health Officer, Baltimore County
- Travis Gayles, Health Officer, Montgomery County
- Lori Brewster, Health Officer, Wicomico County
Date/Time: July 15, 2020; 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Series: