Join MACo on July 22 for a dive into the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future and what happens next to the vetoed legislation.
Hear from panelists on the potential paths forward for Kirwan, the possibility of a veto override, and what implementation means in the midst of a pandemic.
- Title: Kirwan – Where Do We Go From Here?
- Description: As the State and counties grapple with unprecedented budget pressures due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Kirwan Blueprint bill hangs in the balance. While the Governor vetoed the bill, lawmakers face tremendous pressure to move forward with the plan — and to abandon the “trigger” provision designed to curtail spending in times of economic instability. In this session, hear from various stakeholders on how the state will move forward with – or possibly delay – the implementation of the Kirwan Blueprint bill.
- The Honorable Craig Rice, Council Member, Montgomery County; MACo Representative on the Kirwan Commission
- Sean Johnson, Assistant Executive Director, Political and Legislative Affairs, Maryland State Education Association
- Date/Time: JULY 22, 2020 | 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Series: