MACo’s Winter Conference (Dec 4-6, 2019) will bring together hundreds of attendees to discuss what’s next in Maryland. A top contender for a legislative session hot topic is the legalization of cannabis – so a deep dive session to discuss that is the perfect way to end the conference.
At the Summer Conference in August, we discussed the implications of medical cannabis in the workplace. The Winter Conference session will go a few steps further, examining the revenue potential and factors to consider to potentially implement a responsible cannabis industry in Maryland.
- Title: Cannabis Conundrum: Looking Toward Legalization
- Description: The State’s fiscal picture, and a pending commitment to substantial new education investments, has driven talk of authorizing new activities that carry substantial new revenue potential. Public health, social equity, local reinvestment, tax and license structures, and economic development remain at the forefront of the discussion as state lawmakers consider how to best foster the growth of a responsible and legitimate cannabis industry. Panelists will explain how state legislation may impact county governments, and share best practices for navigating the fast-changing political, social, and regulatory landscape of adult-use cannabis.
- Shad Ewart, Professor, Entrepreneurial Opportunities in Emerging Markets: Marijuana Legalization, Anne Arundel Community College
- Albert (Bert) B. Randall, Jr., Esq., President, Franklin & Prokopik, P.C.
- Moderator: The Honorable Jack Wilson, Commissioner Vice President, Queen Anne’s County
- Date/Time: Friday, December 6, 2019; 11:00 am – 12 noon
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Attendee Registration
- Hotel Rates
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- See what it’s like!
- Questions? Contact Virginia White