MACo’s upcoming Summer Conference will feature a panel discussion of best practices to identify, reach, and benefit the veterans in your community. Local, state, and private sector perspectives combine to illustrate the whole canvas of tools available, including the state’s Veterans Services Specialist Program.
MACo’s 2019 Summer Conference, “Winds of Change,” will take place on August 14-17 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD. Nearly 3,000 individuals from across Maryland will gather to discuss advancements and changes being seen at all levels of government, from cybersecurity to Phase III WIP to school funding.
Serving and Supporting Our Veterans
Veterans in your community are properly a priority for targeted services. Your county may need to develop cross-agency strategies to help locate and serve these citizens who have served us all. This session will cover county- and state-level efforts to stand up for veterans, review some public-private collaboration best practices, and introduce the Veterans Services Specialist (VSS) Program in State Government.
- The Honorable Angela Alsobrooks, Prince George’s County Executive
- Kim Huerta, Senior Director of Compensation Perdue Farms
- Dana Burl, Director, Outreach and Advocacy, MD Department of Veterans Affairs
Moderator: The Honorable Douglas J.J. Peters, State Senator
Date/Time: Thursday, August 15, 2019; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org