A free conference on re-skilling, automating, and hiring for the future federal workforce may have insight for state and county employers, too.
A conference offered by GovExec, with options for online viewing, will touch on various issues in workforce development and technology applicable to all levels of government.
In sessions beginning at 8:50 am on Thursday, December 6, panelists from various federal agencies will discuss topics including: Reskilling and Hiring for the Future Federal Workforce; Risk and Reward: Changing Agency Culture; and Automation, AI and the Tech of the Future.
More information about the GovExec LIVE: Accelerated AI event and registration portal.
At MACo’s Winter Conference, a the Maryland Association of Information Technology Officers will host a panel discussion on technology and how it is driving county government policy.
Topics of the session will include how:
- Cloud-computing expands possibilities for government,
- Automation, AI, and other technologies will transform and motivate the workforce (especially millennials)
- New technologies and services raise constituent standards, define economic development resources, and change business processes
- Cyber threats will demand ongoing prevention efforts, cooperation with agency partners, internal education and training, and reshuffling budget priorities
- Session Title: Are We There Yet? How New Technology Is Driving Government Policy
- Date: Wednesday, January 2, 2019
- Time: 3:15 pm – 4:15 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Attendee Registration
- Hotel Rates
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- See what it’s like!