MACo’s Summer Conference on August 15-18 will offer “something for everyone,” with a heavy focus on water and the environment.
MACo recently added a session, hosted by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, to offer attendees a chance to learn more about new requirements for local jurisdictions around climate change initiatives:
Maryland Climate Leadership Academy: Helping Communities Deploy Climate Preparedness and Advance Their Clean Energy Economies
The Maryland Climate Leadership Academy was established by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in partnership with the Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO) to advance the capacity of state and local government agencies, infrastructure organizations and businesses to develop and implement sound climate change initiatives – ensuring current and future public health, security and economic prosperity.
Join DNR Secretary Mark Belton and ACCO Executive Director Daniel Kreeger for a discussion on the vision for the academy, and learn about the upcoming open enrollment for local government leaders. In addition, Secretary Belton will discuss SB1006/CH0629, or the “Coast Smart Bill;” new requirements for local jurisdictions and state resources.
- Mark Belton – Secretary Department of Natural Resources
- Matt Fleming – Director of Chesapeake and Coastal Service
- Daniel Kreeger – Director Association of Climate Change Officers
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 15, 2018; 3:15 pm – 4:15 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com