Maryland’s cup runneth over with water-related riches. At the MACo Summer Conference general session, “The Wealth in our Water,” learn about how Maryland’s waterfront keeps our economy flowing – from tiny oysters to supersized ships.
- General Session Title: The Wealth in Our Water
- Description: Water has historically played – and continues to play – an enormous role in driving Maryland’s economy. In some ways, this is obvious…just a look outside the Ocean City Convention Center demonstrates the significant tourism draw of Maryland’s beaches and other waterview destinations. During this general session, experts will illustrate just how much we rely on water to cultivate economic opportunity – from our delicious aquaculture and gorgeous tourism offerings to the regional economic engine that is the Port of Baltimore. Find out how counties can tap into these resources in an “all ships rise” approach to Maryland’s water-driven economy.
- Dominic Scurti, Manager, Market Planning, Maryland Port Administration
- Andrea Vernot, President & Managing Partner, Choptank Communications
- Ward Slacum, Director of Program Operations, Oyster Recovery Partnership
- Moderator: The Honorable Stephen Hershey, Maryland State Senate
- Date/Time: Thursday, August 16, 2018; 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm*
The 2018 MACo Summer Conference will be held August 15-18 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. This year’s theme is “Water, Water Everywhere.”
*new date and time from previously advertised.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com