For the first time ever, pre-kindergarten programs will be available at every primary school in Washington County. Although pre-kindergarten isn’t new in Washington County, the 2018-2019 school year will mark the first time pre-kindergarten programs have been available countywide.
According to Herald-Mail Media:
As of Thursday, [coorinator for early learning at WCPS Stacy] Henson said, the pre-K program was at 65 percent capacity. School system officials continually accept applications.
“We encourage all to apply,” Henson said. “Our goal is 100 percent.”
Income-eligible students will be accepted first, she said, but every site has a waiting list. If spots are still open in mid-July, Henson said, the school will evaluate the waiting lists and availability.
- A child must be four years old on or before September 1 of the current school year.
- Families must live in Washington County.
- All income-eligible and age-eligible children who apply must be enrolled first.
- Applications must be submitted to Stacy Henson at the Center for Education Services, 10435 Downsville Pike, Hagerstown, MD 21740.
- For information regarding pre-kindergarten, download the Pre-Kindergarten Parent Guide or call the Early Childhood Enrollment Office at 301-766-8722.
Read the full article for more information.