The Maryland Government Finance Officers Association (MDGFOA) has announced their fall educational offerings.
The MDGFOA Fall Conference takes places on October 27, 2017 at the BWI Marriott in Linthicum. Presentations include:
- The Latest in Government Fraud, with Adam Lippe, State’s Attorney’s Office, Baltimore County;
- Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) Overview, with Eric Oddo, Continuity Program Director, University of Maryland Center for Health and Homeland Security;
- Maryland’s Fiscal Health, with Eileen Norcross, Senior Research Fellow, Mercatus Center at George Mason University;
- Maryland Revenue Update, with Andrew M. Schaufele, Director, Bureau of Revenue Estimates;
- GASB Update and Actuary Insights, with Jennifer Diercksen, First Vice President, Davenport & Company LLC, and David Boomershine, EA, MAAA, FCA, MSPA, President, Boomershine Consulting Group; and
- Best Practices- Risk-Based Reserve Policy, with Bob Cenname, Deputy Budget Director, City of Baltimore.
Registration is available on MDGFOA’s website.
In addition, MDGFOA is offering a Review of the Government Accounting, Auditing & Financial Reporting Exam on November 2-3, 2017, and an Intermediate Governmental Accounting Seminar (IGAS) November 8-10, 2017.