Maryland is home to over 400,000 military veterans and their families. These men and women committed to serving their country and in turn Maryland has committed to providing these brave individuals with support services and assistance upon their return.
Learn more about how county and state officials are assisting veterans reintegrating and living in our local communities at the 2017 MACo Summer Conference.
Serving Those Who Served Our Country
Description: Veterans returning from deployment face unique challenges for reintegration. Even those serving in noncombat positions are often deeply affected by the violence, stress, and dangers experienced by those on the frontlines. Challenges may range from the memories and trauma of war, to readjustment issues concerning employment, housing, family, and even simply returning to a daily routine post-deployment. These veterans may also suffer from PTSD, substance abuse, depression, and other health issues. In this session, attendees will learn best practices for providing support services and assistance for returning veterans.
- Robert Brown, Chair, Harford County Commission on Veterans’ Affairs
- Dana S. Hendrickson, Director, Outreach and Advocacy Program
- The Honorable Stephen M. Waugh, Maryland Senate
- The Honorable Pat Young, Maryland House of Delegates
Moderator: The Honorable James V. “Capt’n Jim” McMahan, VP, Harford County Council
Date/Time: Friday, August 18, 2017; 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm
The MACo summer conference is August 16-19, 2017 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City Maryland. This year’s theme is “You’re Hired!” and sessions will focus on economic development and ways counties can contribute to job growth in Maryland.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure (with full schedule & session descriptions)
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org