Are you a Planning Commissioner or Board of Appeals Member who still needs to get your mandatory training or do you just want to learn more about land use and the planning process? Take a training course for free at the 2017 MACo Summer Conference.
Planning Board, Planning Commissioner and Board of Appeals Members Education Course
This FREE course satisfies a training requirement that requires a Planning Commission, Planning Board, and Board of Appeals member to complete an education course within 6 months after appointment. The Maryland Department of Planning (MDP) and the Maryland Planning Commissioners Association (MPCA) is offering this course to all those who have not yet completed it.
The course covers topics such as foundations of planning, the role of the comprehensive plan, standards for special exceptions and variances and implementing ordinances such as zoning and subdivision and adequate public facilities, planning law, ethics and the latest legislative and policy developments concerning planning in Maryland.
NOTE: You do not need to register for the conference to attend this course.
- Charles “Chuck” Boyd, Director of Planning Coordination, Planning Services Division, Maryland Department of Planning
- Tracey Gordy, Regional Planner Lower Eastern Shore Regional Office, Maryland Department of Planning
- Keith Lackie, Regional Planner, Lower Eastern Shore Regional Office, Maryland Department of Planning
- Paul Cucuzzella, Principal Counsel, Maryland Department of Planning
Date & Time: Wednesday, August 16, 9:00 AM – Noon
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Splash Dash 5K Fun Run & Walk
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org