The Sustainable City Network is offering a free 1-hour webinar on January 12 titled: “Image Matters: How to Manage Your City’s Visual Identity in a Pro-Growth Environment.” The webinar will cover: (1) the use of signage in civic branding to attract new residents and growth; and (2) an update to the 2015 United States Supreme Court ruling (Reed v. Town of Gilbert) on sign ordinances. From a Sustainable City Network notice email (2017-01-03):
On Thursday, Jan. 12, Sustainable City Network will host a free 1-hour webinar featuring Grant Hayzlett, president of National Sign Plazas, Inc., who will explain how to establish and perpetuate a civic brand that attracts homebuyers and stimulates growth.
During the webinar we will discuss:
- The sociology that drives the homebuyer experience;
- How your civic brand score and community image affect willingness to live there;
- The function of homebuilder directional signage and why they proliferate;
- An update and explanation of the 2015 SCOTUS ruling governing sign ordinances;
- An overview of uniform homebuilder sign programs and the associated benefits relative to the SCOTUS ruling;
- An illustration of the best community development initiatives for pro-growth cities.
Register now to attend this live webinar on Thursday, Jan. 12, beginning at 11 a.m. Pacific Time (noon Mountain, 1 p.m. Central and 2 p.m. Eastern). (Please note your time zone!)