The agenda for the next meeting of the State Board of Education includes discussion of Maryland’s educational plan under the new federal law, several regulatory changes, and the Governor’s School Start Date Executive Order.
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Location: Nancy S. Grasmick State Education Building 200 West Baltimore Street – 7th Floor Board Room Baltimore, Maryland 21201-2595
Agenda Items of Interest:
9:50 a.m. Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Accountability Plan – Remarks from MABE Representative(s)
1:50 p.m. Local Financial Reporting Requirement
2:00 p.m. Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR)
- COMAR 13A.08.01.02-3 KRA (EMERGENCY – ADOPTION)
- COMAR 13A.06.07 Student Transportation (RETURN – FOR PUBLICATION)
- COMAR 13A.04.05 Education that is Multicultural (AMEND)
- COMAR 13A.04.19 Program in Cosmetology (AMEND)
- COMAR 13A.04.20 Program for Barbers(AMEND)
- COMAR 13A.12.04.04B(3)(a)Administrator I (AMEND)
- COMAR 13A.05.10 Automated External Defibrillator Program in High Schools (AMEND)
- COMAR 13A.03.02 Graduation Requirements (ADOPTION)
4:00 p.m. State Board Member Discussion of Executive Order – Starting the School Year After Labor Day
4:30 p.m. State Superintendent’s PARCC Update
For more information, see the full agenda.
For background, see our previous posts on ESSA: Meet ESSA, the New Federal Education Law, Setting Maryland’s Next Education Accountability Plan, Federal Dollars to Supplement, Not Supplant State & Local Education Funding and the most recent school start date order: Governor Releases Rules for Labor Day Start Date Waivers.