Register now for the Natural Turf Management Training for Lawn at Turf Professionals sponsored by Maryland Pesticide Education Network & Beyond Pesticides. The training is on November 30 from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm at the Maryland Department of General Services in Baltimore, MD. Public sector employees are encouraged to attend. The information presented will highlight the organic procedures on display at the State House grounds.
Topics to be covered:
- Introduction to the systems approach
- Overview and history of conventional and natural turf
- Soil biology basics and soil testing
- Compost, topdressing and turfgrass nutrition
- Fertilizers and soil amendments
- Horticultural techniques and cultural practices
- Mowing, irrigation, cultivation
- Thatch management
- Seeding/overseeding and choosing the right grass
- Insects, weeds, disease and controls
This training is MDA-approved to satisfy 8 recertification training credits for applicators certified in turf and MDA-approved for 2 continuing education credits for certified professional fertilizer applicators.
Space is limited. Register by Monday, November 16. Registration fee: $25 (coffee/tea & lunch included). To register: email email@example.com with name, contact info and affiliation. Payments: mail check to MPEN, 544 Epping Forest Road, Annapolis, MD 21401; or via your PayPal account at: firstname.lastname@example.org.