The National Association of Counties (NACo) will hold the webinar “The State of Play: a Legislative Update on Congress and County Priorities” on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 3 pm EDT.
About the webinar:
With the end of the year quickly approaching, there are several serious issues that Congress must address including how to finalize the fiscal year 2016 appropriations process, how to proceed on a long-term surface transportation bill when the short term extension expires in October, and whether or not to raise the federal debt ceiling. The work that Congress must complete is further complicated by the recent dynamics in the U.S. House of Representatives and ongoing leadership uncertainty.
Join NACo to hear how county priorities have fared in the first session of the 114th Congress and the recent developments that could impact what counties can expect going into 2016, including:
• Fiscal year 2016 appropriations and budget outlook
• Surface transportation reauthorization
• Marketplace Fairness Act
• Tax reform and other initiatives impacting state and local tax authority
• Public lands issues
• Mental health reform and justice issues
- The Honorable Sallie Clark, NACo President and Commissioner, El Paso County, Colorado
- Deborah Cox, Legislative Director, NACo