As technology improves, businesses and citizens across Maryland need the capability to communicate and locate information at faster speeds. However, the build-out of broadband networks to allow for this type of communication can be costly, especially in areas where populations and potential customers are less dense. This session will focus on the importance of broadband infrastructure and overcoming deployment challenges; panelists will discuss cost-effective solutions for going the last mile.
- Andrew Afflerbach, PhD., Chief Executive Officer and Director of Engineering, CTC Technology and Energy
- Tyler C. Patton, Vice President, Public Affairs, Maryland Broadband Cooperative
- Beth Thomas, Coordinator of Information Technology, Allegany County
- John Lyons, Cable Television Administrator, Anne Arundel County
Moderator: The Honorable Sheila E. Hixson, Maryland House of Delegates
Date & Time: Thursday, August 14, 2014; 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Learn more about MACo’s 2014 Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Registration
- Reduced Hotel Rates List
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
- Conduit Street Coverage of MACo’s Summer Conference
Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White with questions about Summer Conference.