Of the 7 Maryland State legislators who ran for county elected offices, all will advance to the general election in November.
Here are the results of the Maryland legislators who ran for county elected offices:
- Senator Barry Glassman won an uncontested primary for Harford County Executive
- Delegate Tom Hucker won a close race in his primary for Montgomery County Council District 5
- Delegate A. Wade Kach defeated incumbent Todd Huff in the primary for Baltimore County Council District 3
- Senator Allan Kittleman won an uncontested primary for Howard County Executive
- Delegate Leroy Myers advances through a multi-way at large primary for Washington County Commissioner
- Delegate Doyle Niemann so far has won in his primary for Prince George’s County Council District 2 by 13 votes. The outcome of this primary hinges on approximately 122 provisional ballots that will be counted starting on Wednesday. Read more about this story from the Washington Post.
- Delegate Steve Schuh won a narrow victory in the republican primary for Anne Arundel County Executive
In another related outcome, former state Delegate George Owings III advanced in the Democratic primary for an at-large seat on the Calvert County Board of Commissioners, and will join the general election for those two newly created seats on the five member Board.