On Thursday, December 12, 2013, the 2014 Maryland Association of Counties (MACo) Officers nominees will be installed at the Inaugural Ceremony and Awards Banquet at MACo’s annual Winter Conference in Cambridge, Maryland.
Governor Martin O’Malley will address conference attendees with thoughts about policy priorities and the upcoming legislative session and will install the Officers and Board members for the coming year. The slate of nominees for officer positions forwarded by the Nominating Committee are:
- Talbot County Council Member Thomas G. Duncan as President
- Montgomery County Executive Isiah “Ike” Leggett as First Vice President
- Washington County Commissioner John Barr as Second Vice President
- Cecil County Executive Tari Moore as Secretary
- St. Mary’s County Commission President Francis Jack Russell as Treasurer
- Wicomico County Executive Rick Pollitt, Jr. as Immediate Past President
Each position is for a one-year term. The full MACo Board of Directors will also be installed during the ceremony.
Talbot County Council Member Duncan commented, “I am honored to have been nominated to serve as MACo’s President. If elected, I plan to focus on building relationships across the state that will aid the Association in pursuing our legislative initiatives.”
Our current registration rates end on Wednesday, November 27, so please register today for our lowest possible rates!
For more information about MACo’s Winter Conference, please click on one of the links below: