MACo invites you to join us on October 26 from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm at the Newton White Mansion in Prince George’s County for MACo’s annual Administrators & Attorneys Conference!
MACo ADMINISTRATORS & ATTORNEYS CONFERENCE
October 26, 2011
Newton White Mansion
2708 Enterprise Road
Mitchellville, MD 20721
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am…Check-In
- 11:00 am…Welcoming Remarks
~ Ingrid M. Turner, Council Member, Prince George’s County and First Vice President, Maryland Association of Counties
~ John Savich, County Administrator, St. Mary’s County and President, MD Association of County Administrative Officers
~ Robert S. McCord, County Attorney, Harford County and President, MD Association of County Civil Attorneys
~Michael Sanderson, Executive Director, Maryland Association of Counties
- 11:15 am – 12:00 pm…General Session
WIPs/TMDLs – Fiscal, Regulatory and Legal Ramifications
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm…Lunch and Keynote Speaker
~ The Honorable Melanie Griffith, Maryland House of Delegates
Lunch Sponsored by Nationwide Retirement Solutions
- 1:15 pm – 2:00 pm…Breakout Sessions
~ Administrators: Pension Overview – Defined Benefit vs. Defined Contribution – Pros and Cons
– Carol Boykin, CFA, President, Bolton Partners Investment Consulting Group, Inc.
– R. Dean Kenderdine, Executive Director, Maryland State Retirement Agency
~ Attorneys: Roundtable Discussion on Recent Case Holdings
– Facilitator- John F. Breads, Jr., Esq, Director of Legal Services, Local Government Insurance Trust
- 2:00 pm – 2:15 pm…Break
Sponsored by ORACLE and the Local Government Insurance Trust (LGIT)
- 2:15 – 3:00 pm…Breakout Sessions
~ Administrators: What Do You Do When the Budget Doesn’t Allow You to Meet Your Mandates?
– Facilitator – John Savich, County Administrator, St. Mary’s County
~ Attorneys: Best Practices for Records Retention
– Dr. Edward C. Papenfuse, Maryland State Archivist & Commissioner of Land Patents
- 3:00 pm…Closing Remarks, Evaluation, Adjournment
To register for this event, please email Emily Hollis at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 19, 2011
This event is open to MACo members only.