During the MACo Summer Conference Energy Issues Forum, panelists will discuss their visions of tomorrow and answer the most pressing questions about Maryland’s energy needs.
One of the greatest challenges in tackling climate change will be transitioning our society from fossil fuels to renewable energy. But this transition is not as straightforward as flipping a switch from gas to solar. Policymakers will need to make serious trade-offs between different sources of renewable energy, their impact on communities, and the overall higher demand on electric infrastructure.
Energy Issues: Exploring Maryland’s Future
Description: Energy is one of the central issues discussed in county seats across the state and Annapolis. As federal, state, and county leaders race toward electrification and away from fossil fuels, many questions remain about what the future will look like. Join representatives from the Public Service Commission, the Maryland Energy Administration, and the Maryland Clean Energy Center as they discuss their visions of tomorrow and answer the most pressing questions about Maryland’s energy needs.
- Kumar Barve, Public Service Commission
- Paul Pinsky, Director, Maryland Energy Administration
- Katherine Magruder, Executive Director, Maryland Clean Energy Center
- William Ellis, Director of Governmental and External Affairs, PEPCO
Moderator: Del. Lorig Charkoudian
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 16, 2023; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The 2023 MACo Summer Conference will be held at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD, on August 16-19. This year’s theme is “Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2022 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White