During the MACo Summer Conference panel, The Future of Ag – It’s More Than Farming, panelists will discuss agriculture for the 21st century.
Agriculture is one of the most underutilized economic unlocks waiting to help further grow Maryland’s economy. From food deserts to urban revitalization and everything in between, agriculture can be an amazing tool to address many of the challenges facing counties.
The Future of Ag – It’s More Than Farming
Description: From food insecurity and urban blight to climate change-induced crop damage, agriculture presents solutions to major problems facing Marylanders. From Baltimore to Garrett and Worcester to Washington, counties use agriculture as a force multiplier in their communities. Learn how incentivizing good farming practices, exposing youth to agriculture, eating invasives, and culling certain species populations can feed Maryland, clean up the Bay, and improve the quality of life statewide.
- Kevin Atticks, Secretary, Maryland Department of Agriculture
- The Honorable Steuart Pittman, Anne Arundel County Executive
- Andrea Franchini, Extension Program Assistant – Agriculture and Food Systems, University of Maryland Extension
- Adam Ortiz, Regional Administrator for EPA Region 3
Moderator: The Honorable Charles Otto, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Thursday, August 17, 2023; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The 2023 MACo Summer Conference will be held at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD, on August 16-19. This year’s theme is “Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2022 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White