The Rural Maryland Council and USDA Rural Development will be hosting a regional rural broadband forum on Wednesday, June 21, 2023, from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel on 173 Jennifer Road, Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Connect with other stakeholders interested in broadband access and discuss ways to maximize available funding for rural broadband initiatives. Enjoy breakout sessions on the latest broadband technologies, funding for broadband infrastructure projects, making your community attractive to providers, and using public-private partnerships for broadband development.
Broadband has the ability to bridge the digital divide and provide equal access to high-speed internet services for residents in rural areas. Some of the key reasons why a rural broadband program is significant in Maryland:
- Economic growth and development through the establishment of new businesses and job creation
- Improvements in education and diverse learning opportunities
- Advancements in healthcare and telemedicine
- Improvements in agriculture and farming
- Modernized government services and increased citizen engagement
- Improvements in quality of life and increased social connectivity
Overall, a rural broadband program in Maryland plays a crucial role in fostering economic growth, improving education and healthcare services, empowering farmers, enhancing government services, and enhancing the overall quality of life for residents in rural areas. Be a part of the discussion Wednesday, June 21, 2023.