Speaker Adrienne Jones announces changes to leadership positions in the Maryland House of Delegates.
Speaker Jones announced that Delegate David Moon (Montgomery County, District 20), a member of the House of Delegates since 2015, will be the House Majority Leader. Stepping into the third most powerful position in the Maryland House of Delegates, Delegate Moon will lead the debate for the Democratic Party on the House floor.
“David is a proven leader in the House and a natural fit for House Majority Leader,” said Speaker Jones. “He has led the debate on some of the most contentious issues we have faced and been a powerful consensus builder in the House.”
Speaker Jones also named Delegate Marc Korman (Montgomery County, District 16) Environment and Transportation Committee Chair. Delegate Korman has been a member of the House of Delegates since 2015. “Marc has distinguished himself as Majority Leader and is a nationally recognized transportation policy expert,” said Speaker Jones. “He will bring his considerable talents and energy to the committee.”
Delegate Dana Stein (Baltimore County, District 11B) will be the Speaker’s nominee for Speaker Pro-Tem when the General Assembly returns in 2024. Delegate Stein was first appointed to the General Assembly from 2002 to 2003 and has served continuously since 2007.
“Dana has been at the center of some of Maryland’s biggest climate and environmental policy victories,” said Speaker Jones. “I’m pleased he has agreed to take on a new role with an expanded portfolio as Speaker Pro-Tem.”
Other Senior Leadership Appointments
- Delegate Regina T. Boyce(Baltimore City, District 43A): Vice Chair of the Environment and Transportation Committee
- Delegate Sandy Bartlett (Anne Arundel County, District 32): Vice Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Delegate Melissa Wells (Baltimore City, District 40): Chief Deputy Majority Whip
- Delegate Mark Chang (Anne Arundel County, District 32): House Chair of the Spending Affordability Committee
Committee Leadership Positions
- Jared Solomon (Montgomery County, District 18) – Chair, Personnel Subcommittee
- Jazz Lewis (Prince George’s County, District 24) – Chair, Public Safety and Administration Subcommittee
- Courtney Watson (Howard County, District 9B) – Chair, Transportation and The Environment Subcommittee
- Kevin Harris (Charles and Prince George’s Counties, District 27A) – Vice Chair, Education and Economic Development Subcommittee
- Mark Edelson (Baltimore City, District 46) – Vice Chair, Transportation and The Environment Subcommittee
Ways and Means Committee:
- Nick Charles (Prince George’s County, District 25) – Chair, Local Revenues Subcommittee
- Jessica Feldmark (Howard County, District 12A) – Chair, Revenues Subcommittee
Stay tuned to Conduit Street for the latest news on the Maryland General Assembly.