Howard County Executive Calvin Ball today announced several appointments and transition for various cabinet positions within Howard County Government.
Executive Ball’s appointments include:
- A. Raul Delerme as Deputy Chief Administrative Officer. Delerme has been with the county since 1990, most recently serving as the Director of Recreation & Parks. With 33 years of experience with Howard County Recreation and Parks, Delerme has served as a Director, a former Bureau Chief of Capital Projects, Park Planning & Construction, and a former Park Planner. Delerme’s appointment begins on April 3, 2023.
- Nicola Morgal as Acting Director of Howard County Recreation and Parks, effective April 3, 2023.
- Maria Bernadzikowski as Assistant Chief Administrative Officer. Bernadzikowski previously served as the Deputy Director of the Office of Emergency Management for the last three years, working in various positions in the office since joining the County as a Recovery Specialist following the 2016 Ellicott City flood. She is a Certified Emergency Manager (CEM), Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Climate Change Professional (CC-P), and Nationally Qualified Planning Section Chief on the Maryland Incident Management Team. Bernadzikowski’s appointment is effective April 3, 2023.
- Glenn Lovelace as Assistant Chief Administrative Officer. Lovelace previously served as Head of Digital Experience for the Howard County Department of Technology and Communication Services (DTCS). Lovelace will begin his appointment on April 3, 2023.
- Delerme, Bernadzikowski, and Lovelace will support Brandee Ganz, who Ball appointed as Chief Administrative Officer in December and began her tenure on March 1, 2023. Ganz previously served as Howard County’s Chief Information Officer.
- Dr. James Smith, Jr. was appointed as Howard County’s Chief Information Officer with the Department of Technology and Communication Services. Dr. Smith joins Howard County Government from Peraton, formerly Northrop Grumman, where he led a team supporting the U.S. Government’s DevOps, Security, and infrastructure initiatives. Dr. Smith’s appointment begins on April 3, 2023.
- Yosef Kebede was appointed as Director of the Department of Public Works. He most recently served as Baltimore’s Chief of the Water and Wastewater in the Department of Public Works. His appointment is effective April 10, 2023.
- Jessica Bellah will serve as Deputy Director of Planning and Zoning. Bellah joins Howard County Government from the Columbia Association where she served as Manager of the Community Development and Real Estate Services Division working to enhance the community’s knowledge of and participation in local planning processes. Her appointment is effective April 10, 2023.
Ball announced the departure of:
- The Department of Planning and Zoning Director Amy Gowan who recently accepted a new position in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Brian Shepter, County Executive Ball’s Deputy Chief of Staff, will be Acting Director as of April 4, 2023.
- Joshua Feldmark who served as the Administrator of the Office of Community Sustainability. Feldmark accepted a position in the private sector. Lindsay DeMarzo will serve as Acting Director effective April 4, 2023.
To see the full list of Howard County Government departments, please click here.