Now until September 23rd, the Local Leadership Workgroup (LLWG) is seeking applications for a Chair and Vice Chair.
The Local Leadership Workgroup (LLWG) of the Chesapeake Bay Program (CBP) seeks a Vice Chair/Chair to serve as a leading voice in engaging local elected officials, appointed officials and senior staff in restoration of the Chesapeake Bay. The Vice Chair/Chair will help lead the workgroup’s efforts in meeting the Local Leadership Outcome of the 2014 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement, which is to continually increase the knowledge and capacity of local officials on issues related to water resources and in the implementation of economic and policy incentives that will support local conservation actions. As Vice Chair/Chair you will bring a local government perspective that balances local priorities with watershed restoration efforts.
In order to achieve these goals, the workgroup has developed a 2021 – 2023 Logic and Action Plan and Management Strategy. The LLWG has an engaged and active membership that meets quarterly as a large group and more frequently in small groups or one-on-one. The Vice Chair/Chair term is two years; year one will be as Vice Chair and year two as Chair.
- Meet regularly (bi-weekly) with the workgroup’s leadership team, including Chair, Vice Chair, Coordinator and Staffer (typically a 30 minute meeting)
- Assist in the planning of quarterly workgroup meetings (typically February, May, August and November
- As LLWG Chair:
- Lead and facilitate quarterly meetings (as needed when Vice Chair)
- Present quarterly updates to the Enhance Partnering, Leadership and Management Goal Implementation Team (GIT 6) and the Local Government Advisory Committee (LGAC)
- Present to other Goal Implementation Teams and workgroups as needed, such as the Quarterly Progress Meeting presentation to the Management Board
- Support LLWG Coordinator and Staffer:
- Support utilization of the Strategy Review System to update the Local Leadership Logic and Action and Management Strategy (every two years)
- Provide oversight of implementation of the Local Leadership Logic and Action Plan
- Provide feedback on ongoing local leadership projects and, as needed, assist in planning
- Ability to commit approximately 4 hours a month for two years, one year as Vice Chair followed by one year in the position of Chair.
- Possesses a demonstrated history and passion or interest in advancing the knowledge and capacity of local leaders. Active member of the Local Leadership Workgroup.
This is a non-paid position. We highly encourage individuals who identify as a person of color, or as a member of any traditionally underrepresented group, to apply. We encourage anyone who thinks they would be a good fit to submit a statement of interest (minimum of four sentences, no more than one page) that details why you are interested in this position. Be sure to highlight any related skills and experiences. Please submit the statement of interest to Laura Cattell Noll at email@example.com. Nominations are due by September 23, 2022 and will be reviewed by the Local Leadership Chair, Vice Chair, Coordinator and Staffer.