Counties rely on partnerships with private organizations for countless reasons, including serving as community ambassadors, extending resources, and lending technical expertise – functions critical to our counties’ pandemic response.
Join several county officials and private organizations as they co-present on their enduring partnerships to tackle public health issues, from the pandemic to the environment to chronic disease and beyond.
Description: The COVID-19 pandemic forced county actors, especially local health departments, to think creatively and cultivate unlikely partnerships with nonprofits and businesses, alike. The lessons and relationships gained from this public health crisis should not go to waste as county governments continue to tackle epidemics like opioid use. In this session, members of local health departments and private industry representatives provide public-private partnership case studies from the pandemic era and will discuss how their lessons might effectively tackle longstanding health concerns across Maryland.
- Jennifer Schneider, Director of Disease Prevention and Management, Anne Arundel County Department of Health
- Rob Norton, President, Maryland Live! Casino
- Lauren Levy, Health Officer, Cecil County
- Jennifer Tuerke, Executive Director, Voices of Hope
- David V. Lykens, Director, Baltimore County Department of Environmental Protection and Sustainability
- Jana Davis, Ph.D., President, Chesapeake Bay Trust
Moderator: The Honorable Delegate Bonnie Cullison
Date/Time: Friday, August 19, 2022; 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2021 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White