Workplace norms have shifted during the COVID-19 pandemic and “great resignation.” As such, employers must adapt in innovative and effective ways in order to attract quality candidates and fill open positions.
Maryland and its local governments are uniquely positioned to answer the ongoing challenges of hiring and retention with success and stability.
In the first part of this two-part series, at the 2022 MACo Summer Conference, experts will discuss best practices for tapping into new markets of employees and rethinking “traditional” qualifications, including considering skills and lived experience over degrees and years served. Participants will be empowered to pursue innovative hiring practices to bypass workforce roadblocks and to cultivate a new pool of diverse candidates.
- Alexis Blackwell, Director of Human Resources, Charles County
Walter Simmons, President and CEO, Employ Prince George’s
Jason Perkins-Cohen, Director of the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development, Baltimore City
Janet Lane, Director of Reentry Services, Maryland Correctional Enterprises
- The Honorable Delegate Darryl Barnes
Date/Time: Friday, August 19, 2022; 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2021 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White