As previously reported on Conduit Street, the new Safe Streets and Roads for All (SS4A) program funds regional, local, and Tribal initiatives through grants to prevent roadway deaths and serious injuries.
The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law established the SS4a discretionary program with $5 billion in appropriated funds over the next five years (up to $1 billion in fiscal 2022).
Who is eligible to apply for grant funding?
- Counties, cities, towns, and transit agencies or other special districts that are subdivisions of a State
- Metropolitan planning organizations
- Federally recognized Tribal governments
- Multijurisdictional groups
The following activities are eligible for the SS4A program:
- Develop or update a comprehensive safety action plan (Action Plan)
- Conduct planning, design, and development activities in support of an Action Plan
- Carry out projects and strategies identified in an Action Plan
How to Apply / Application Deadline
The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m on September 15, 2022. For details, more information, and applicant guidance: