The opioid crisis continues to be one of the most pressing public heath issues facing communities. For many, the sense of isolation COVID-19 caused may have increased anxiety and made recovery more difficult to begin or maintain. However, across the state, counties have continued to implement innovative prevention and treatment programs, with the support of State funding and technical support.
America’s Opioid Crisis: A Dialog on Maryland’s Efforts and Your County’s Role
COVID-19 may have stolen the headlines recently, but the country and state continue to face a serious opioid crisis. Leaders on the front lines of the opioid fight will discuss the latest developments in this effort; the most productive steps being taken in our state and elsewhere; and the partnerships that lie ahead for Maryland’s counties, providers, and everyone else enlisted in this critical fight. Bring your community’s success stories, your critical thinking skills, and your notebook for a practical discussion about this vexing problem.
- Robin Rickard, Executive Director, Maryland Opioid Operational Command Center
- Marianne Gibson, Deputy Director, Maryland Opioid Operational Command Center
- Teresa Heath, Opioid Intervention Team Coordinator, Maryland Opioid Operational Command Center
- Thomas Phelan, CPA, Chief Executive Officer, Chesapeake Employers Insurance
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 18, 2021; 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm
View the brochure for the full schedule and details on sessions being offered at this year’s conference!
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Full Schedule Details and Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Pricing and Online Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White