Choose Who You Use advocates for new reforms that benefit all electricity consumers.
Choose Who You Use is a coalition to ensure Marylanders get a real choice when it comes to electricity. This state-wide coalition works to deliver true electricity choice to Maryland, giving consumers the power to make the best electricity choices for themselves and their families.
According to Choose Who You Use’s website, their goals are as follows:
- Allow every consumer to find an electricity plan that fits their budget, priorities, and values.
- Require electricity service providers to meet higher standards to sell electricity. For retail electricity suppliers in the transition period, the Maryland Public Service Commission will decide who makes the grade based on factors like price, the financial stability of the company, and their ability to offer renewable options.
- Strengthen consumer protections from unfair, misleading, and deceptive practices – including a “consumer bill of rights” and an end to intrusive door-to-door solicitations.
- Empower utilities to focus exclusively on the reliability, security, service, and efficiency of our infrastructure while dedicated, state-qualified retail electricity providers supply the widest range of options to consumers.
- Drive market and product innovation and competition between retail electricity providers, which not only best serves consumers but also more directly helps close the gap between cleaner, innovative energy and accessible energy options.
- Promote the adoption and development of clean energy including solar, wind, and other green resources, and advance renewable energy accessibility and feasibility.
- Support low and moderate-income residential consumers through a dedicated “Customer Choice Clean Energy Fund.” Qualifying electric suppliers will have to pay a fee to the state for every new customer they acquire.
Join us at MACo’s Summer Conference to hear from Choose Who You Use MD at their Solutions Showcase.
Green Energy, Better Service, Competitive Prices – Find Out Why YOU Should Choose Who You Use
Presented by Choose Who You Use
Choose Who You Use Maryland is a growing, bipartisan coalition of elected leaders, Maryland employers, and consumer advocates working in support of legislation that will, finally, achieve the promise of what started more than 20 years ago. Maryland consumers deserve the freedom to choose their electricity supplier with improved consumer protections, additional transparency in billing, and access to cleaner energy options. Chose Who You Use will present on its growing movement toward market modernization and the push to allow public utilities to focus on infrastructure, while reputable retail electricity providers both compete to provide the widest and most affordable range of options to Marylanders AND invest in clean energy.
Date/Time: Friday, August 20, 2021 | 2:15 pm – 2:45 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference: