MACo’s Policy Team is seeking a professional who can help represent and serve counties and their many front-line services across Maryland. Sound like a fit? Apply today!
MACo is seeking a government relations professional to join our policy team, take a lead role on a series of policy areas, and coordinate advocacy and other projects with county leaders.
Applications are due by July 30 (instructions listed below).
The Maryland Association of Counties (MACo) is the voice of Maryland’s 23 counties and Baltimore City, articulating the membership’s needs and interests to the Maryland General Assembly. MACo provides a broad range of educational, partnership-building, and cost-saving services to its member jurisdictions. Policy efforts, including advocacy before the General Assembly and state agencies, play a fundamental role in fulfilling MACo’s mission.
Policy Team members will:
- Represent county elected and appointed leaders as a resource, advocate, and voice
- Lead on policy advocacy, analysis, research, and communications to members
- Contribute toward MACo’s mission, affiliates, conferences, and educational offerings
- Collaborate with other staff members for events, services, relationships, and projects
MACo is hiring for more than one policy position, and will consider junior and senior candidates within this general job description.
- Familiarity with Maryland state and local government
- Familiarity with the Maryland legislative and policy process strongly preferred
- Excellent public speaking and oral communication skills
- Excellent persuasive writing skills
- Strong research, analysis, and computer proficiency
- Familiarity/comfort with social media channels (particularly Twitter)
- Confidence in taking initiative, setting priorities, and working independently
- Law or Master’s degree in relevant policy area desired, but related work experience strongly considered
Applicants familiar with Maryland General Assembly legislative processes, public policy, or Maryland county governments will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Previous applicants need not re-apply. New applicants may send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 pm on July 30, 2021 – include “Policy Associate – NAME” in the subject line:
- Cover letter detailing present salary, desired salary with justification, and the reasons the applicant feels he/she is qualified for the Policy Associate position; and
- Resumé, which must contain educational background and work experience.
Application Deadline: July 30, 2021
MACo is an Equal Opportunity Employer