Each week the Maryland Association of Counties (MACo) likes to post a fun fact about a county in Maryland. The facts can be about a variety of different things: how roads were named, how ponds were formed, what celebrities are from Maryland counties, historical firsts, county landmarks, and so much more.
Check out some Fun Fact Favorites at the links below and stay tuned to Conduit Street for more!
- Fun Fact: In Which Counties Will You Find the Highest and Lowest Points in Maryland?
- Fun Fact: One of the World’s Oldest Railroad Bridges Is in Maryland – Where Is It?
- Fun Fact: In Which County Was the Oldest Colonial Site in Maryland Recently Discovered?
- Fun Fact: Lonaconing Is Lucky, But This County’s Residents Are Feeling Fortunate…Jackpot or Not
- Fun Fact: Which Maryland Counties Were Once Connected by a Ferry?
- Fun Fact: QUIZ…Can You Name All 24 Maryland County Seats?
- Fun Fact: Which County Hosts a Spooky Singing Ghost?
- Fun Fact: Which County has the Newest Barn Quilt Trail in Maryland? (And What’s a Barn Quilt Trail??)
- Fun Fact: Which Maryland County Holds America’s Oldest Privately Owned Ferry Route?
- Fun Fact: Which County is Home to a Community Built by Former Slaves Who Fought in the Civil War?