MACo’s Summer Conference is scheduled for August 18-21, 2021, and will be FULLY IN PERSON at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD. Registration is now open and session titles are available – the full schedule and session details will be published soon!
Register today for MACo’s Summer Conference, themed “Resilient. Responsive…Ready.”
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the world. All aspects of modern life have been affected – public health, of course, but also how we conduct business, educate our schoolchildren, and govern our communities. Some of these will return to “normal,” but some changes will be with us forever. The socio-economic impacts are still unfolding, but we can be certain – counties stood on the front lines of the pandemic and will lead the recovery. At this conference, MACo and county leaders will explore the local role in pandemic response and recovery – strategic planning, evolving service delivery, emergency communications, advancing technologies, and fiscal obstacles – all of which constitute the fabric of local leadership.
Check out the sessions being planned – full schedule and presentation details coming soon!
- Welcoming Session and Keynote Presentation
- Taking Next Steps – Planning for Growth and Change
- Resilient Budgeting 101
- Lessons Learned and Ways Forward with Virtual Learning
- U.S. Senator Ben Cardin Town Hall Forum
- Governor’s Closing Address
Academy for Excellence in Local Governance Core Courses:
- County Financial Management
- Consensus & Teambuilding
Tech Expo Sessions:
- Strengthening Security: Protecting Your Network from Cyberattacks
- Think Fast: Public Sector Tools for Agility and Effectiveness
- Closing the Digital Divide: Maryland Takes the Lead
- America’s Opioid Crisis: A Dialog on Maryland’s Efforts and Your County’s Role
- American Recovery Plan Put to Action
- Connecting Your Community: Maryland’s Free Open Data Portal
Sessions Hosted by MACo’s Affiliate Members:
- Are Some Pandemic Quick Fixes Here to Stay? A Longer-Term Look at Short-Term Solutions
- Police Reforms: Putting Policies into Practice
- Dollars and Sense: Budgeting in a Post-COVID World
- Eyes on the Road: Vehicles and Vision Zero
- Staffing Up Your Corrections Capacity
- Building Resiliency in Times of Crisis: Leveraging Federal and State Emergency Resources
- Shifting Strategies: Tailoring Tech Tools to Improve Public Health Outcomes
- The Why Behind DEI: The Power of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Reaching Troubled Kids, 2 Generations at a Time
- Hindsight is 2020…Preparing for Improved Public Health Response
- Investing in the Outdoors: How Parks Promote Public Health
- Financing Resilience: New Tools in the Toolbox
- Public Sector Apprenticeships: A New Twist on an Old Model
- Economic Development – Taking Care of Business Post Pandemic
- Health Equity – What’s at Stake for Your County
- Crisis Communications: Ensuring Residents Are Ready
- New Food Future: Building a Crisis-Ready Food System
- The Conduit Street Podcast – LIVE!
- MACo Book Club: “Digital Body Language”
In addition to the sessions listed above, there will be numerous briefings and meetings, along with EVEN MORE educational content provided by industry experts in MACo’s Solutions Showcase. You don’t want to miss our 60-booth Wednesday Tech Expo or our 220-booth Thursday/Friday tradeshow and our Friday evening Crab Feast is the “can’t miss” networking event of the summer.
Mark your calendar and REGISTER TODAY!
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference: