MACo’s Policy Team is seeking a high-impact professional with legal experience, to lead county advocacy on a portfolio of public policy issues, and coordinate county interests and actions on liability and employment matters. Sound like a fit? Apply today!
MACo is seeking a Policy and Legal Counsel to join our policy team, take a lead role on a series of policy areas, coordinate work with county offices of law, and offer in-house legal perspectives. Applications are due by June 11 (instructions listed below).
MACo Counsel plays a forward-facing role in the Association’s policy advocacy and communication efforts, in addition to guiding internal matters requiring legal insight. This position provides primary policy coverage, analysis, and advocacy for multiple subject areas, including government liability and courts, employment matters, and procurement. As part of the Association’s Policy Team, MACo’s Policy and Legal Counsel reviews legislation, advances county positions, and builds external relationships with legislators, state departments, county legislative staff, and others. Additionally, this position works with MACo affiliate organizations to develop information helpful to MACo’s communications, educational, and advocacy efforts. Informing the membership and MACo’s wider audience on topics of county interest through MACo’s blog and social media is an important part of MACo’s advocacy strategy, which this position will support. MACo Counsel offers legal insight on in-house and Association matters, including advising on and implementing the Association’s participation as an amicus party on legal matters relevant to county government interests.
3 years of experience in a similar position requiring policy analysis or legal consultation
JD degree from an accredited law school
Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits package: sick and vacation leave; life and disability insurance; retirement plan; long-term care insurance; employer-paid parking; bonus eligibility; training opportunities; and fully employer-funded health, dental, and optical insurance.
- Apply via email to Administration & Finance Director, Ms. Leslie Velasco, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, June 11, 2021
- Include “Policy and Legal Counsel – NAME” in the email subject line
- Attach the following documents (ALL ARE REQUIRED):
- Cover Letter detailing 1) current salary, 2) desired salary with justification, and 3) the reasons the applicant feels he/she is qualified for the Policy and Legal Counsel position;
- Resume, which must contain educational background, work experience (particularly any relevant to this position), and computer software familiarity;
- Writing sample; and
- Three references – references will not be contacted without prior approval from the applicant.