In a recent tweet, Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Ajit Pie announced the next meeting will be an important one with a number of proposals and orders up for a vote.
The @FCC has a big meeting coming up on Feb. 28. We’ve published the exact text of the proposals/orders we’ll be voting on at that meeting. You can find the documents here, https://t.co/7rtWMr7kp8; they’re also linked in my Medium post below. #transparency https://t.co/D31aNm4Yna
— Ajit Pai (@AjitPaiFCC) February 9, 2020
The proposed meeting agenda includes consideration of:
- Expanding Flexible Use of the C-band
- C-band Auction Bidding Procedures
- Auction of Priority Access Licenses for the 3.5 GHz Band
- TV White Spaces
- Rural Digital Opportunity Fund Bidding Procedures
- Electronic Delivery of Carriage Election Notices
- Amending Record Requirements on Cable Operator Interests in Video Programming
- Promoting Public Safety Through Information Sharing
Pai’s announcement on Medium included a number of dates to keep in mind related to the agenda items:
The first date is December 8, 2020. That is the day I am proposing to start an auction of 280 megahertz of spectrum in the so-called C-band.
Mark June 25, 2020, on your calendar, because that’s when we intend to start the bidding in our auction of 70 MHz of spectrum in the 3.5 GHz band.
Keep an eye on October 22, 2020, because that’s when I’m proposing that we start bidding in the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund Phase I auction.
For more information:
FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s full announcement on Medium.
The FCC Agenda for the Friday, February 28, 2020 Open Meeting.