Potomac Edison, a FirstEnergy Company, would like to remind everyone that Sunday, August 11, is National 8-1-1 Day. National 8-1-1 Day was established by the Common Ground Alliance (CGA) to remind contractors and homeowners of the importance of calling before digging near underground power lines.
From FirstEnergy Corp’s website:
Call Before You Dig
State laws require that the excavator notify the appropriate State One-Call System three days (minimum) before digging. Trained personnel will locate and mark the underground facilities for you. There is no charge for this service and it limits customer/contractor liability in case the digging does cause damage to the underground utilities.
The following work site information will be needed:
- County, city or township
- Street address
- Intersecting streets or roads
- Distance and direction from intersection
- Extent of work (front/rear/both sides)
- Date excavation will take place
- Type of work
- Your name
- Contact phone number
- Contractor contact person or other additional information
For more information, visit their website.
Maryland residents can dial 8-1-1 or 800-257-7777 to report digging 3 days prior to intended dig. More information can also be found at Miss Utility.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Conference Program – New!
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter