Thirty-one Kaiser Permanente hospitals recently received “high performing” ratings for one or more of their measures in U.S. News & World Report’s 2019-20 Best Hospitals study.
The 30th annual study analyzes 25 specialties, procedures, and common conditions to assess hospital performance. Evaluations are based on more than 4,500 medical centers and designate the top 90th percentile of hospitals nationwide.
According to the report:
- 31 Kaiser Permanente hospitals are “high performing” for one or more measures.
- 23 Kaiser Permanente hospitals are “high performing” for knee replacement surgery.
- 22 Kaiser Permanente hospitals are “high performing” for congestive heart failure treatment.
- 17 Kaiser Permanente hospitals are “high performing” for hip replacement surgery.
- In addition, Kaiser Permanente has one or more hospitals that are “high performing” for 3 specialties: neurology and neurosurgery; pulmonology and lung surgery; and geriatrics.
“We’re proud that the U.S. News & World Report study places us among the top hospitals nationwide,” said Patrick Courneya, MD, executive vice president and chief medical officer for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan and Hospitals. “This ranking reflects our commitment to delivering high-quality care centered on the people we serve and illustrates the importance of an evidence-based, integrated approach to providing the right care at the right time.”
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Conference Program – New!
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org