Technology is increasingly interwoven into government services in ways that may surprise you. A MACo Summer Conference session explores the effect of technology on service delivery and expectations.
Are you more likely to google to find your county’s holiday trash schedules or call the Department of Public Works? Or…is there an app for that?
MACo’s Summer Conference will feature a session on ways that government entities – state, local, and county, are reaching their residents through technology, and how they are using technology to connect with partners.
The President of Maryland’s Library Association, Andrea Berstler of Carroll County will speak about how she connects with rural residents in her county, and how the libraries are providing technology and opportunities for tech learning throughout Maryland. Pepper, a robot teaching coding at Carroll County’s library may even be in the building!
Title: Driving Digital Forward: Next Steps for County Governments
Description: The remarkable mix of cloud computing, ever-smarter mobile gadgets, and collaboration tools is changing the consumer landscape and bleeding into local government as both an opportunity and a challenge. New expectations require county governments to be ready to deliver and receive digital information and services anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Panelists will discuss ways in which digital transformation can help local governments to better understand resident needs, provide services more efficiently and effectively, and engage with external partners to develop new and innovative delivery methods.
- Christine E. Nizer, Administrator, Maryland Department of Transportation, Motor Vehicle Administration
- Calvin J. “Cal” Bowman, Deputy Director, Governor’s Office of Homeland Security
- Rick Napolitano, Chief Information Officer, Anne Arundel County
- Patrick Callahan, GIS Manager, Office of Information Technology, Prince George’s County Government
- Andrea Berstler, President, Maryland Library Association, Executive Director, Carroll County Public Library
Moderator: The Honorable Matt Morgan
Date/Time: Thursday, August 15, 2019; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com