Governments are considering housing incentives and policy as a tool to recruit and retain public sector workers.
Governing magazine highlights several local governments across the US who are offering incentives, and even housing assistance, to their employees. From their coverage:
Cities, counties and school districts are starting to offer housing incentives to attract — rather than force — their employees to live where they work. These new benefits are particularly prevalent in expensive areas where lower- and middle-income employees are being priced out of the housing market.
MACo’s upcoming Summer Conference will highlight employment challenges, and strategies to attract workers from all age bands — with housing and similar incentives among the tools available to pursue these goals.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org