The Maryland State Archives and the Department of General Services are offering a free “Records Management 101” training session for records officers and administrative staff who assist with records management.
The training session will review the processes of successful records management, including:
- Roles and Definitions of Records Management
- Retention Schedules
- Special Collections
- Transfer and Disposal
The training will be offered on the following dates and at the following locations:
- Friday, June 7, 2019, at the Maryland Department of the Environment (1800 Washington Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21230)
- Friday, July 12, 2019, at the Charles County Commissioners Office (200 Baltimore Street, La Plata, MD 20646)
- Friday, September 13, 2019, at the Queen Anne’s County Department of Health (206 N Commerce Street, Centreville, MD 21617)
- Friday, October 4, 2019, at the Washington County Health Department (1302 Pennsylvania Avenue, Hagerstown, MD 21742)
All trainings run from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. You must reserve your seat ahead of time. Space is limited.
To register, contact Victoria Chester at the Department of General Services (Victoria.email@example.com or 410.799.1930).