AT&T, a MACo Gold Corporate Partner, has started an initiative Believe DallasSM.
Through this initiative, AT&T has given $565,000 to mitigate homelessness for service-accepting families and veterans in Dallas.
AT&T has developed homeless service providers by working alongside businesses, the city, and non-profits.
According to the AT&T press release:
We have a legacy of service in the communities we work and live. We think we can make a meaningful difference by focusing our resources on local challenges like homelessness here in Dallas. In other cities, we’re addressing other man-made disasters.
– John Donovan, CEO, AT&T Communications
The balance of the $565,000 will be distributed to the following agencies:
- $125,000 to Downtown Dallas Inc. (challenge contribution)
- $50,000 to Communities Foundation to help with production and dissemination of public service announcements
- $30,000 to City Square to support job training for homeless veterans
- $30,000 to The Bridge to support ongoing veterans’ health programs
- $30,000 to Austin Street Center to support veterans’ programs and a day program for women
- $30,000 to Family Gateway to support child programs and housing for families
- $30,000 to Dallas Life to support housing for families
- $30,000 to The Stewpot to support health services for families and veterans
- $30,000 to Union Gospel Mission to support families and job training
- $30,000 to Genesis Women’s Shelter to support shelters for abused women and children fleeing domestic violence
Thank you, AT&T, for supporting Dallas and for supporting Maryland Counties!
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: