Baltimore Gas & Electric (BGE), a MACo Gold Corporate Partner and Winter Conference Sponsor, is instituting a community energy pilot program in Maryland.
Regulations for the project have been adopted by the Maryland Public Service Commission.
According to BGE’s website:
The 3 year program will:
- Provide access to solar-generated electricity – in a manner similar to rooftop solar and net metering – for all Maryland customers without requiring property ownership;
- Provide for individual community solar projects that will be operated by Subscriber Organizations that are approved by the Public Service Commission with the CSEGSs approved by BGE.
- Attract new investment in Maryland’s renewable infrastructure and green economy;
- Allow renters to contract for solar energy with the same benefits as rooftop owners;
- Include significant consumer protections, including prohibition against unreasonable fees and clear contract disclosure requirements; and
- Allow the Commission Staff to collect necessary data to study the impact on Maryland’s electricity grid over the three-year pilot program.
BGE began accepting Subscriber Organization applications for building Community Solar Energy Generating Systems on November 5.
For more information visit BGE’s Community Solar Pilot Program page.
BGE is sponsoring the President’s Reception at the MACo Winter Conference.
Thank you, BGE, for supporting the Maryland Association of Counties!
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: