Do you or someone you know have BIG ideas for your community?
The Healthiest Communities Data Challenge, presented by the Aetna Foundation and AcademyHealth, is looking for BIG ideas and BEST ways to leverage the available data in the Healthiest Communities rankings.
The Healthiest Communities Rankings, provided by a collaboration between U.S. & World Report News and the Aetna Foundation, rank communities across the nation by measuring health-related components of society. The goal of these rankings is to “empower citizens, health care leaders, and officials to make decisions about policies and practices that can improve health outcomes for all.”
January 17, 2019 – Deadline to submit
February 2019 – Winners will be announced
Three winning teams will be provided VIP registration and travel for one member to attend the 2019 Health Datapalooza, March 27,28, 2019 in Washington, D.C.
Cash prizes are also given out: 1st Place – $5,000; 2nd Place – $2,500; 3rd Place – $2,500.
- An overview of the community/communities of interest, including key health, social, and demographic information
- A summary of how proposed activities address two or more of the categories from the Healthiest Communities rankings
- A description of the project team, including composition (both in terms of individuals and organizations) and their ability to impact change within or connect with others in the community. A reminder that the Challenge encourages partnerships among city/county agencies, local foundations/organizations, entrepreneurs, and others to make the available data more actionable
- Other data sources and/or resources that are readily available to assist in the implementation of the proposed approach
- Anticipated outcomes of the proposed approach
As a Gold Corporate Partner, Aetna is sponsoring the Inaugural Banquet.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: