The Smart Growth Subcabinet is holding court at the 2019 January MACo Winter Conference. This is your chance to hear about land use, environment, transportation and other important county issues directly from Cabinet secretaries and other key Administration decisionmakers.
Let MACo know if you have a topic you want directly addressed at the meeting (see instructions near the end of this post.)
A Chat with the Smart Growth Subcabinet
The Smart Growth Subcabinet oversees and advises on Maryland’s growth policies and laws. Its members (mostly Cabinet secretaries) will provide updates on land use, environmental, housing, economic development, and transportation issues chosen by county elected officials and staff. Open audience discussion will round out the session. Don’t miss your chance to connect directly with agency heads on critical Smart Growth and land use issues.
- Wendi Peters, Maryland Special Secretary of Smart Growth and Chair, Smart Growth Subcabinet
- Robert McCord, Maryland Secretary of Planning and Vice Chair, Smart Growth Subcabinet
- Joseph Bartenfelder, Maryland Secretary of Agriculture
- David Brinkley, Maryland Secretary of Budget and Management
- Michael Gill, Maryland Secretary of Commerce
- Ben Grumbles, Maryland Secretary of the Environment
- Ellington Churchill, Jr., Maryland Secretary of General Services
- Jinlene Chan, M.D., Designee of the Maryland Secretary of Health
- Kenneth Holt, Maryland Secretary of Housing and Community Development
- Carol Gilbert, Assistant Secretary for Neighborhood Revitalization, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Kelly Schulz, Maryland Secretary of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
- Mark Belton, Maryland Secretary of Natural Resources
- Pete Rahn, Maryland Secretary of Transportation
- James Fielder, Jr., Maryland Secretary of Higher Education
- Mary Beth Tung, Director, Maryland Energy Administration
- Gerrit Knaap, Executive Director, National Center for Smart Growth Research and Education
Date & Time: Wednesday, January 2, 2019; 10:00 am – 11:00 am
If you are a county elected official or professional staff and have an issue you want discussed by the Smart Growth Subcabinet, please contact Les Knapp at email@example.com or 410.269.0043 by Friday, November 30, 2018.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: