Learn about local government planning and zoning at the 2018 MACo Summer Conference. This course is required by State law if you are a planning board member, planning commissioner, or a Board of Appeals member.
Planning Board, Planning Commissioner and Board of Appeals Members Education Course
This FREE course satisfies a training requirement that was part of the Smart and Sustainable Growth Act of 2009, which requires Planning Commission, Planning Board, and Board of Appeals members to complete an education course within 6 months after appointment to the Commission or Board. The Maryland Department of Planning (MDP) and the Maryland Planning Commissioners Association (MPCA) is offering this course to all those who have not yet completed it.
The Course covers topics such as foundations of planning, the role of the comprehensive plan, standards for special exceptions and variances and implementing ordinances such as zoning and subdivision and adequate public facilities, planning law, ethics and the latest legislative and policy developments concerning planning in Maryland.
NOTE: You do not need to register for the conference to attend this course.
- Charles W. Boyd, Director Planning Coordination, Maryland Department of Planning
- Tracey Gordy, Regional Planner, Lower Eastern Shore Regional Office, Maryland Department of Planning
- Keith Lackie, Regional Planner, Lower Eastern Shore Regional Office, Maryland Department of Planning
- Paul Cucuzzella, Principal Counsel, Maryland Department of Planning
Date & Time: Wednesday, August 15, 2018; 9:00 am – Noon
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org