MACo participates in the National Association of Counties (NACo) U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance. Through MACo and NACo, Maryland counties can save millions of dollars on common purchases.
What Is It?
- The leading national government purchasing cooperative
- Founded and sponsored by NACo
What Does It Do?
- Aggregates the purchasing power of public agencies nationwide
- Reduces the cost of goods and services
- Provides participants with access to a broad line of competitively solicited contracts with national suppliers that have committed to providing their lowest overall public agency pricing
Each month, more than 500 new public agencies register to participate. This continuing rapid growth is fueled by the program’s proven track record of providing public agencies unparalleled value and the best government pricing available.
What Does It Offer?
- No User Fees – no costs or fees to participate.
- Best Overall Supplier Government Pricing – by combining the potential cooperative purchasing power of more than 90,000 public agencies, you are able to access the best overall supplier government pricing.
- Quality Brands – thousands of the best brands in a wide variety of categories, services and solutions.
- Integrity and Experience – unlike other government cooperative purchasing organizations, U.S. Communities national government purchasing cooperative is founded by 4 national sponsors and over 90 state, city and regional organizations.
- Oversight by Public Purchasing Professionals – third party audits on contracts ensure that program pricing commitments are met, with benchmark analyses against other suppliers and retailers to guarantee participants the best overall value.
What Kinds of Products and Services Are Available?
- Office & IT
- Auto, Fleet & Equipment
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Works
- Health & Safety
All contracts have been competitively solicited, evaluated, and awarded by an impartial lead public agency in accordance with their public purchasing rules and regulations. Applying these competitive principles satisfies the competitive bid requirements of most state and local government agencies.
What’s the Bottom-line?
- Save time, save money, and save staff resources while still purchasing quality products and services!
For general information, visit www.uscommunities.org.
For more information on how the program works, along with answers to FAQs from procurement officers, visit the US Communities FAQs page.
Or, use the quick links below to jump to pages on:
- Shop Now through the online Marketplace
- Contract Categories and Suppliers
- News & Events
Contact MACo Member Services Director, Virginia White, for more information.