County Attorneys, legal, and legislative staff are invited to attend the MACo Attorneys Conference as they discuss the Public Information Act (PIA), Open Meetings Act, water law issues such as pending Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load requirements and ongoing Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit litigation, attorney fee legislation, local government legislative initiatives for the 2018 Session, and other key county legal concerns.
The conference is open to county attorneys, their legal staff, and county legislative staffers. There is no cost to attend but registration is required – please contact Allison Valliant to register. The conference will take place on Wednesday, October 18, at the MACo Office (169 Conduit Street, Annapolis, MD 21401) from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Registration/check-in starts at 9:30 AM and lunch is included.
The conference will take place on Wednesday, October 18, at the MACo Office (169 Conduit Street, Annapolis, MD 21401) from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Registration/check-in starts at 9:30 AM and lunch is included.
- The Honorable Brian Frosh, Maryland Attorney General
- Adam Snyder, Chief Counsel, Opinions, Advice and Legislation Division, Office of the Attorney General
- Ann MacNeille, Assistant Attorney General and Counsel for Open Meetings Compliance Board, Office of the Attorney General
- Karen Federman Henry, Assistant Attorney General and Counsel for the Public Information Act Compliance Board
- Lisa Kershner, Public Access Ombudsman, Office of the Attorney General
- Chris Pomeroy, President, AquaLaw
- John Breads, Director of Legal Services, Local Government Insurance Trust (LGIT)
- Matthew Peter, Senior Attorney, LGIT
- Les Knapp, Legal and Policy Counsel, MACo
- Bill Jorch, Governmental Relations & Research Associate, Maryland Muncipal League
Please email Allison Valliant at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16 if you plan to attend.
If you have any questions regarding the conference’s content please contact Les Knapp at email@example.com or 410.269.0043.