The future of the American health care system is in flux.
On March 23, 2010 the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), a significant regulatory overhaul of the nation’s healthcare system, was signed into law. The law was not without controversy and bumps on its road to implementation, but has been in place for the past seven years. In May of this year, the United States House of Representatives passed the American Health Care Act (AHCA) which would repeal significant portions of the ACA and institute other regulatory reforms. Unsatisfied with the bill passed by the House, the United States Senate drafted its own healthcare bill, the Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA) which has yet to be voted on.
What does this all mean for the American health care system? Where do these bills stand now? How do these bills impact Maryland and her counties? Attend the MACo Summer Conference session “The ABCs of the ACA, AHCA, BCRA, and Health Care in Maryland” to find out.
The ABCs of the ACA, AHCA, BCRA, and Health Care in Maryland
Description: Amid sweeping changes in recent years and with more changes pending, it can be hard to keep up on the state of the health care system in America. In this session, hear from national and local experts about the state of public health and the health care system, where things may end up, and what it means to Maryland counties.
- Brian Bowden, Associate Legislative Director, Health, NACo
- Georges C. Benjamin, MD., Executive Director, American Public Health Association
- Kelly Knight, Esq., Vice President, Compliance Services, Benecon
- Uma S. Ahluwalia, Acting Health Officer, Montgomery County
Moderator: The Honorable Eric Bromwell, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Thursday, August 17, 2017; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The MACo summer conference is August 16-19, 2017 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City Maryland. This year’s theme is “You’re Hired!”.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure (with full schedule & session descriptions)
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- SPLASH DASH 5K (your county could win $5000 for charity)
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com