Opioid abuse and addiction is a major public health crisis that affects the health, economic, and social welfare of millions of people in the United States. In Maryland, opioid-related deaths and usage continue to rise in epidemic proportions.
Learn about the innovative efforts being put forward by the state and local governments to combat the heroin and opioid crisis in Maryland during this year’s annual MACo Summer Conference. During the session, Attacking the Opioid Epidemic: A Collaborative Approach, state and local officials will discuss how a collaborative approach inspires all stakeholders—across the boundaries of criminal justice, public health, and human services—to act as a single, integrated community and point the way toward powerful new solutions.
Attacking the Opioid Epidemic: A Collaborative Approach
The heroin and opioid epidemic has evolved into a major public health crisis in Maryland. From the Baltimore-Washington metro area to the rural Eastern Shore and Western Maryland, the epidemic is having an extensive impact on large and small counties alike. The crisis touches a plethora of government programs, impacting children and families, public safety professionals, educators, and health care providers. In this session, panelists will discuss how a collaborative approach inspires all stakeholders—across the boundaries of criminal justice, public health, and human services—to act as a single, integrated community and point the way toward powerful new solutions.
- Clay B. Stamp, Executive Director, Opioid Operational Command Center (OCCC)
- Kevin Aftung, President, Emergency Managers Affiliate, Maryland Association of Counties
- Nancy Schrum, Director, Constituent Services, Anne Arundel County
- Jeff Amoros, Director, Legislative Affairs, Baltimore City Health Department
Moderator: The Honorable Erek L. Barron, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Friday, August 18, 2017; 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The MACo summer conference is August 16-19, 2017 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City Maryland. This year’s theme is “You’re Hired!”.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure (with full schedule & session descriptions)
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- SPLASH DASH 5K (your county could win $5000 for charity)
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com